Tuesday, February 07, 2006

At work in my new studio




I haven't posted in awhile because my wife and I have been moving into a new home and I have been unpacking in my new studio. I am enjoying working in my new studio and I have some great rural landscapes right in my backyard that I can't wait to paint. Right now I am using a room inside the house for my studio, but hope to build a separate building on our property to use as a studio in the future. I better get painting so I can afford to build it!
These pictures are of a painting in progress on my easel. It is a scene from a lavender farm I visited last summer. I am painting it on gallery wrap canvas that has extra thick sides with no staples. The sides will be painted in black acrylic so the painting can be hung without a frame for a finished contemporary look. I will post a picture of the finished piece when I get it done. Ok, back to the easel!

No comments: