Monday, April 20, 2009

Playing with tonalist painting

"Reflections at Dusk"
14" x 11" Oil on Canvas
Sorry for the glare on this photo. The paint was still wet. I will try to get a better shot of it later.
Well, this doesn't necessarily meet the criteria for a tonalist painting as far as the color, maybe, but I was interested in playing with this technique of using darker tones and trying something new. This is just a scene from my head of a small water inlet that empties into this creek running through this marsh or field. This was so much fun just to play with a different approach than I normally use. I need much practice with tonalist painting if I want to do some more of these. To see work by a real tonalist master, go to http://www.deborahparis.com/ - her work is awesome! If you're interested in this, just email me at paintinglandscapes@yahoo.com .

No comments: