Friday, May 14, 2010

Traveling and Painting

Hello all! I have been absent from the blog here for a few days, but I AM PAINTING. I promise! The small sketches below I did in Bear Creek, NC with our plein air group. The property we painted on was huge and beautiful, complete with gardens pasture land and a huge Southern style plantation home at the end of a long driveway.
Our hosts were so gracious and I will be going back soon I hope!

The next post will have some plein air studies and photos from my trip to Reidsville last week.


"Country Road"
6" x 4" Acrylic on Canvas on Panel
Purchase info at my website here
Painted on the back road behind the house.

"Spring Blooms"
7" x 5" Acrylic on Canvas on Panel
Purchase info at my website here

The property had all of these great flowers in bloom beside the woods. I simplified and captured them quickly before the light changed. I will probably alter the composition and do a larger studio piece of both of these studies.

No comments: