Friday, June 03, 2011

Staycation - Lazy 5, Bob Timberlake Gallery, Zoo

Feeding the Llamas at Lazy 5 Ranch



Shot of the waterway near the Asheboro NC Zoo



The huge Bob Timberlake Gallery in Lexington



Well, we took a short 4 day Staycation last week. My 4 year old daughter had to have outpatient surgery for some dental fillings, and she was pretty tired, so we did some things near home. We went to the Asheboro Zoo and she fed the giraffes and I took lots of pictures, some to paint from later in the studio.

On our last day, we headed to Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville, NC but stopped off in Lexington, NC and had some great barbecue, which was out of this world! I also stopped in the Bob Timberlake Gallery and it is an awesome display of a lifetime of his artwork and furniture designs. Find out more at http://www.bobtimberlake.com/ .


Tomorrow I head to King, NC for an event at Germanton Gallery that I will be painting on site for. I will have pictures of the event on the blog here in my next post.

No comments: