Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mailing out the small ones

"LowCountry Marsh"
ACEO ( Art card editions and originals) minature 2.5" x 3.5" Acrylic
SOLD


"Tropical Cove"
5" x 7" Acrylic on Canvas
SOLD

These are a couple small ones that were sold recently on Ebay. I've been mailing out quite a few of these small studies over the last few months. I view the paintings I sell on Ebay as "appetizers" to the main course, which are my larger paintings.
My small studies that I sell affordably on Ebay allow people to sample my work at a reasonable price point before they decide to spend more on my larger work. Since I had an abscence from Ebay, I had to start over again to build a following. The bids on these small ones are slowly starting to increase as people find my work again.
In this economy, selling the small studies keeps supply money coming in. Better than allowing them to collect dust in my studio!

No comments: