Monday, March 12, 2012

It's Plein Air Weather again!

 Painting a field study with my smallest paint box made from a cigar box


"Light Study, Early Spring"
6" x 5" acrylic on Primed/Sealed Acid Free Matboard
SOLD

Well the warmer weather is quickly approaching, and I needed to get outdoors and paint! I enjoy the winter time painting in the studio, but when warm weather arrives, I am ready to go out and paint on location and enjoy the outdoors!
This is a small study in acrylic that I did the other day. The light was being filtered by the trees behind me and some light was just striking points on these trees and the grass. I didn't really nail the values, but that's why I do these studies on location, so I can observe the color and light firsthand and learn to make a more convincing scene with light. Be looking for more paintings as I get out and enjoy the warmer weather!

No comments: