Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Coastal Landscape

"Intracoastal Backyard"
16" x 20" Acrylic on Canvas
$350 Unframed or $400 Framed
contact me at paintinglandscapes@yahoo.com if interested(Sorry for the picture quality, will try to reshoot it in better light and repost it)
This is a piece I did recently in the studio from some sketches and photographs made near Calabash, NC from a recent trip. This was the scene behind one of those houses that sit on the intracoastal waterway. The sun was at sort of high and at a back angle to these trees making these great patterns of light and shadow.
More coastal paintings are on the way, just been extremely busy between work, painting, and family time. I have many in progress around the studio that need to be finished up. I have also been playing with some still life paintings, which I usually don't do very many of, so check back to see those as well.

No comments: