Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day Plein Air Study

"Afternoon Reflections"
7" x 5" Oil on Stretched Canvas
$50 unframed or $100 Framed
$5.00 Shipping
Email me at paintinglandscapes@yahoo.com if interested. I can email you a paypal invoice to pay with credit card if you wish.
Went out to my inlaws' rural property in Siler City, NC on Labor Day, but only had time to do this small study down by the pond. I like the compostion, so I may develop this into a larger piece that is a bit more refined.
The bushes and trees along the shoreline were lit in certain areas by the sun as it went down, and I liked the reflection patterns in the water. I love trying to capture all of the nuances of color in water, which changes all the time depending on what's around the water.
I also started an 8 x 10 study and got it blocked in, but didn't finish it. Will post the start of that one tomorrow.

No comments: