Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New paintings

"Marsh Near Calabash"
6" x 6" Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Wired to hang unframed


"Table for Two"
6" x 6" Acrylic on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Wired and ready to hang unframed



"Winter Pond"
8" x 10" oil on canvas
Framed in Hand carved metal leaf frame
These are some new ones I just finished for the Christmas Invitational Show at the Alamance Arts Council. The bottom one was painted last winter on location in freezing temps. I touched it up some before framing it, and I wanted to refine the frozen pond and grasses even more, but ran out of time. if you are interested in any of these contact the Alamance County Arts Council at 336-226-4495.
I paint water very often in my work, but this frozen pond was quite a challenge as the frozen ice didn't have much reflection like water normally does. I am at that stage lately in my work where I am more critical of every work I do and really have not been happy with the last few paintings, but seasoned professionals tell me this means I am learning more and growing as a painter. It just makes me want to press on even harder to learn more and keep improving my observation skills.



No comments: