Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Painting the Beauty of North Carolina






I am painting on location a lot lately for a June group show that I am in with members of NC Paint Out. These shots above show the county I was painting in Saturday along with my small, portable cigar paint box easel. I could spend hours upon hours at these locations photographing and painting. The best part is that these kinds of locations are only minutes from my house.
I find the beauty of God's creation fascinating, and North Carolina has so much varied beauty from the mountains, to the Piedmont region, to the coast. I never have to search far to find a beautiful landscape to paint.
Come visit our opening reception at Courtyard Coffee on North Chatham Ave., next to the NC Arts Incubator gallery in downtown Siler City, NC. Our opening reception will be Friday, June 15, 2012 during the 3rd Friday Art Walk from 6-9pm. Hope to see you there!

No comments: