Sunday, April 18, 2010

Plein air painting - Celebrity Dairy Farm

Barn at Celebrity Dairy Farm
9 x12 Oil on Linen Panel
Available through Raleigh Street Gallery's plein air gallery at Courtyard Coffee Shop, Siler City, NC
Email me at paintinglandscapes@yahoo.com for details

Here's the plein air piece I did last week at Celebrity Dairy farm. I know that the typical barn has been done a thousand times, but the light hitting the front of the shed and the cast shadows on the ground from the high overhead trees made me want to paint the scene. This was painted completely on location except for an additional 30 minutes of tweaking in the studio.

I could have refined it more and added more detail, but decided to leave it as a quick impression of the scene. Often I will refine a piece more in the studio, but this works as a study I can use in the future.

No comments: