Thursday, July 15, 2010

Back to blogging

"Calabash Marsh"
8" x 10" Acrylic on Stretched Canvas
$200 Framed in Solid Wood Gold Metal Leafed Frame
Will be available at Raleigh Street Gallery

"Summer at Ocracoke"
16" x 20" Acrylic on Stretched Canvas
$400 Framed in Antiqued Brown and Gold Leafed trim frame
Will be available at Raleigh Street Gallery

These are two recent paintings done in the studio from sketches I did on location in Ocracoke and in Calabash, NC. I will have a whole series of coastal paintings available soon.
The top painting I actually started on location but couldn't finish it in time because the light had changed so dramatically. I complete many of my paintings in the studio from sketches made on location and photos that I take for detail, but there is nothing like standing in front of nature and painting and observing. I remember starting this piece from the docks at Calabash in early morning, with the shrimp boats getting ready to depart. It was a great day to be painting.



No comments: