Monday, July 19, 2010

Intracoastal Acrylic work in Progress

Acrylic Painting in progess on the easel (Sorry for the quick photo -will post again when it's finished)
Here one of many paintings I am working on. I am painting this from a color sketch and photo from my trip to Ocean Isle beach back in June. I was out doing my "painting crawl" one morning(looking for subjects to paint), and I saw this scene. It was a back property line on the Intracoastal Waterway, and I could see it from the road, but it was behind a home and on private property, so I had to do a quick color sketch from the car and take a quick photo.
I still have quite a few more layers to add to this piece. The sun was at a back angle, just grazing the side of the trunks of these palm trees, and casting shadows on the grass. This person's yard ended right at the grasses along the Intracoastal. It was an awesome scene, and I just knew that I had to paint it. I will post the finished piece in a few days.

No comments: